Friday, September 22, 2017

Happy fall! We had a wonderful week in 4th grade. We wrapped up our launch unit in reading and practiced writing summaries. Starting next weekend, students will be writing a short summary about their books rather than the four important things. I'll be providing students with a checklist to help them get started on these. They only need to be about a paragraph long and incorporate some of the major events that happened in their book that week. Writing a summary is an important skill to have and we'll make sure we've mastered it by the end of the school year!

I had my homeroom for intervention, writing, and social studies this week. As I continued to do benchmark testing during intervention, students worked on various homophone challenges and activities. We even played homophone bingo today! Writer's workshop has been awesome. I've spent the first few blocks writing alongside the students. I want them to see my enthusiasm when it comes to writing and hopefully develop a similar passion. We also did skits depicting the writing process. We've got quite the crew of actors and actresses in our class...

Our Bucket Fillers this week were Celine and Eleanor. Celine is such a pleasure to have in class. She works really hard and her homework this week about the story "Breaking" was so impressive. Eleanor has also impressed me. Her Quick Write notebook was fabulous and her participation during social studies this week was great.











No comments:

Post a Comment