Friday, November 10, 2017

It was a three day week for students...and I have zero pictures! I totally dropped the ball this week in the photography department. That's okay though. We spent Monday revising and reflecting on our fiction tests that we took last week. Students received their tests back with a score based on their revisions in their Friday folders. They're expected to review my feedback and bring them back in signed by a parent/guardian. On Wednesday we finished Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing and students were given an optional project due in a few weeks. There are a few choices of what they can do for the project; many students in the past have chosen to create a board game based on the book. Again, it is completely optional and worth up to three extra homework stars. On Wednesday I also introduced our culminating assignment for the fiction unit, which we started on Thursday. For this assignment students are writing an essay based on a character in a fiction book of their choice. They will then create a visual to represent their character using a program called Wordle. I've used the program before and I can't wait for the students to experiment with it.

Our Bucket Fillers of the week were Lydia and Laura. Both girls rocked the fiction test. They both worked really hard when we took the test, and then reviewed my feedback carefully to revise them and make them even stronger. I'm so proud of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment