Saturday, November 4, 2017

What a week! Between our field trip on Monday and Heritage Week, it was very eventful. I had an awesome time on our field trip to the Tsongas Industrial History Center. Unfortunately we had to split into two groups, so I didn't get to spend much time with Mrs. O'Keefe's homeroom. For that reason, just about all my pictures from the field trip are of my homeroom. Our group's guide was named Hugh and he was great. We got to participate in an engineering challenge, ride on a trolley, and explore mills. I was so proud of my students. They were engaged, polite, and well-behaved. I can't wait to take them on more field trips! For Heritage Week, we decorated flags, shared about our cultures, and enjoyed food from different countries such as Brazil and Italy. Eleanor's mom came in to my homeroom to share pictures and stories about Scotland. One of the days, students were invited to dress up to represent their heritage. I wore a shirt with a big shamrock on it to represent Ireland. Check out the photo below of Ariana D. and Jessica. They look fabulous!

We took our first reading test on Thursday and Friday of this week. Our fiction unit isn't over, we still have about a week and a half left. But the test will give me an idea of where students are in the unit and what I need to reteach.

Our Bucket Fillers of the week were April and Isadora. It was April's birthday on the day of our field trip! I'm so glad her mom got to be one of the chaperones and spend the day with her. April worked really hard on her test this week, I was impressed. Isadora also has done a great job in our fiction unit. She has mastered character traits! Nice job ladies :)






















No comments:

Post a Comment