Friday, March 16, 2018

I'm done with the snow. Seriously, the snow needs to stop. It is taking away from quality teaching time! This week felt super rushed and jam-packed. It was College and Career Readiness Week too, so we missed out on some of those days as a result of the storm. I'm going to try to incorporate some discussions around college and careers next week. We did get a chance to go to the Career Fair on Thursday, which was fun. There were stands set up that focused on a variety of careers, from architecture to the FBI to theater arts. After our time was up, the class did not want to leave!

In ELA this week, we started a new unit that ties in nonfiction, fiction, and poetry. We'll be focusing on various types of text-based writing. It's definitely a demanding unit, but I'm confident that the kids can handle it. In writing, we finished up our focus on expository writing. We'll be transitioning to persuasive writing in the upcoming weeks. 

We had one of my favorite human beings in the world as a guest in our classroom today...my dad! Every year, he comes in around Saint Patrick's Day. He grew up in Ireland and we lived there for a few years when I was younger. My dad's family lives over there, so we visit often. My dad talked about all things Irish- from the differences in schooling, to Ireland's geography, to some fun facts. He also taught us some Gaelic, which was neat. I love the pictures of all of us below!

Our Bucket Fillers this week were James and Bianca. James is a hard worker with a positive attitude. He is a leader among his classmates and just an all-around awesome kid. Bianca is awesome too. She has a huge heart, a clever wit, and she greets each day with a giant smile. I'm looking forward to having lunch with the both of them next week!










No comments:

Post a Comment