Sunday, March 25, 2018

It feels like I haven't seen the kids in forever! This week was a unique one. Two of my best friends got married this past weekend, so I got approved for two personal days (Thursday and Friday) back in September. I was supposed to leave Wednesday night and only miss those two days of school. Well, come Tuesday morning it was looking like a monster storm was yet again going to wreak havoc in the area. Long story short, after mass chaos with our flights getting cancelled and rebooked and cancelled and rebooked numerous times, I had to miss school on Wednesday too. I felt pretty terrible missing three days in a row, but alas, we had yet another snow day on Thursday! And from what I've heard, it wasn't exactly necessary...

We've started a new writing unit! We're now focusing on opinion writing. We did a fun activity as an introduction to the unit and started talking about how this type of writing differs from expository and narrative writing. With our social studies research good to go, we turned to the written portion of our road trip project. Students analyzed some excerpts of a touchstone text that emulates qualities I want them to incorporate into their pretend journal entries. When I was out, students worked in groups to write a practice entry for Somerville. Soon enough, we'll begin drafting the entry for our first state.

(Since I was out, we didn't do Bucket Filler this week and my pictures below are very limited!)



No comments:

Post a Comment