Sunday, June 3, 2018

Considering the number of photos I'm posting this week, I'm going (to try) to keep the text itself short and sweet. This week was busy. From STEAM Week to the end-of-the-year concert, there were a lot of exciting events. My brother Stephen came in on Wednesday to talk about engineering for STEAM Week. He had an awesome presentation along with some cool props, and I was a very proud sis watching him talk about his passion for engineering and answer questions from the kids. We also had the STEAM Career Fair, where we got to explore various jobs related to science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics. On Friday, we had a school-wide STEAM Showcase. Mrs. O'Keefe did a great job arranging student-led stations so that kids from other grade levels could come in and check out some of the STEAM activities the kids did in fourth grade this year. Overall, it was a fun week...but, for me, it didn't end there. I got to go to the Longfellow House this weekend to attend the award ceremony for the state-wide Longfellow Poetry Contest. Our very own Nathan McKenzie got the second place prize for his age group! He read his poem "Independent" on stage in front of a crowd of people. Make sure to check out the pictures below. I was a very proud teacher. :)

Our Bucket Fillers this week were Jordyn and Aidan. Jordyn has been working hard with Will on an extra credit project that they'll present to the rest of the class in the upcoming week. They've done research on different types and features of maps, and they'll teach the class what they've learned with a presentation they made on Google Slides. They also created an activity to follow the lesson. I'm looking forward to it! Aidan is awesome. He is constantly telling me how grateful and excited he is for the field trips this year. I love how polite he is and enthusiastic he is when it comes to various activities and events. Great job, Aidan!






























No comments:

Post a Comment