Monday, June 18, 2018

Our last week of the school year is upon us! It is so very bittersweet. While summer vacation is always a welcome break from the go-go-go of the school year, I'm definitely going to miss these guys. We had a lot going on this week. We had the drama club showcase on Monday, with our very own April, Mckayla, and Isadora representing 4th grade. It takes such guts to get up there and perform in front of the school, and I was very impressed with how well everyone did with all the memorization that goes into a play! We had our field trip to the Museum of Science on Thursday, which was a lot of fun. That place has sooo many cool exhibits, and the kids were very well-behaved during all parts of the trip. On Friday we had our staff versus students basketball game. Unfortunately both Mrs. O'Keefe and I felt our basketball skills weren't quite up to par with the middle schoolers...maybe next year? Although, I'm thinking that maybe a staff versus students volleyball or kickball game would be more up my alley...

We finished our aquarium writings on Friday, and the kids shared a little bit about their animal to the rest of the class. Mrs. O'Keefe's homeroom also finished their editorial writings, and the social studies project is on its finishing touches. We'll be making some neat collages for our front and back covers to our journal. I'm pumped for that!

Our Bucket Fillers were James and Tommy. It's pretty ironic that those two guys were our last Bucket Fillers of the school year, considering I had both of their brothers. I was so excited to get the two of them this year, and they have certainly lived up to my expectations. Both boys are kind, respectful, funny, and just all-around awesome. I guess it runs in the family!













































No comments:

Post a Comment